The System Administrator is responsible for the proper deployment, maintenance, management, and security, and troubleshooting of the company’s IT resources including end user support, servers, databases and internet connectivity. The System Administrator responsibilities will include proposing, planning, testing, and implementing new systems and/or rebuilding existing systems as required; in addition to, management and oversight of third party IT contractors and resources.
- Responsible for the proper management, optimization and maintenance of all company server hardware including company’s HP virtualization server hardware that currently includes:
- Hyper V Cluster(s),
§ SAN storage cluster(s).
- Responsible for the proper management, optimization and maintenance of company’s redundant, virtualized server environments that currently include:
- Network file share resources,
§ MS Exchange,
§ Primary business administration platform – multiple environments including redundant:
- Monitor performance of all server(s) and implement performance tuning. o Manage all systemback-up and restore protocol(s).
- Test and manage the deployment of all hotfix, software update and patch deployments.
- Responsible for the proper deployment, management and maintenance of company’s network resources
End user support
- Responsible for the proper management and oversight of company’s network security, including:
- Provide day to day end user support for IT equipment, including but not limited to, workstation, Windows OS, application support, IT peripherals
- Assist in evaluating and purchasing IT assets ,including software and hardware.
o Manage vendor relationship, evaluating vendors, comparing products, pricing and vendor support
- Maintain a documented system and network administration policies and procedures.
o Document and report any comments, concerns or suggestions related to all company IT
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
3+ years of experience in system administration in a Windows environment
3+ years of experience with Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V
3+ years of experience with Windows Server 2008
Experience managing Active Directory, Windows Failover Clusters, SAN’s
Experience with Hyper-V/VMware and managing virtual environments
Strong understanding of network technologies including Switching, Routing,
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Be able to be on-call on scheduled weekends and/or weekdays
Self-Driven, results oriented and motivated
The System Administrator will work with IT Infrastructure staff and various project teams for new sites/networks. The ability to maintain high-quality processes for network management while supporting internal IT customers will be a key success factor.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, IT or MIS, 3+ years of relevant technical experience, with Juniper, Hyper V and evidence of the following: a keen attention to detail, a strong customer service orientation and the ability to work as part of a global team.
Benefits : Medical, Dental, PTO,
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org