QA Automation Engineer
Join this growing team where you will add value as an SDET or QA Automation Engineer where your primarily responsible in testing various applications developed by Software Engineering team with automation. The position will be directly involved in building automation framework for testing our new products and maintaining existing automation framework. Eventually this position will be developing automated tests in conjunction with the development efforts.
- You will be instrumental in designing, creating, and executing test strategies and frameworks and methodologies that will define the testing process
- Work with Development and QA Managers to define the automation process and strategy used as part of the agile software development process
- Automate front-end web applications, as well as the back-end systems
- Ability to provide creative and innovative solutions for test approaches, analyze and troubleshoot product defects, and translate product requirements into test cases and automated test scripts
- Develop and maintain test database for automated validation test of software revisions.
- Collaborate with Development, QA and IT teams
- Participate in product design reviews.
- Facilitate a reduction of execution time in testing cycles to include functional, regression, and smoke testing
- Execute system and integration tests to ensure all software components work together
- Be pro-active in putting together automation and implementation plans with minimal supervision
- Document work flows and best practices for the QA team
Education and Experience
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information systems or similar. 5+ years of experience in software design and software testing; 5+ years hands on experience in testing web based and mobile software applications.
Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years of experience in a software development and verification related field
- 4+ years of experience with test automation experience
- Strong software skills required, including C#, VBScript, TestNG
- Strong understanding of HTTP protocols, REST, SOA
- Proficiency with source control, continuous integration and testing methods (Git, TFS etc)
- Familiarity with Continuous Build Systems such as Jenkins
- Experience with Automation tools such as QTP/UFT, Selenium Web Driver
- In depth knowledge of software testing methodology, test development, and test execution
- Experienced in defect/agile management systems (Jira preferred)
- Strong RDMS skills (SQL Server, T-SQL Queries)
Benefits : Medical, Dental, PTO, Flexible schedule and more.